IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
- Has 39 Societies and seven technical councils representing the wide range of IEEE technical interests
- Has nearly 4 million documents in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, with more than 8 million downloads each month
- Has over 1,100 active standards and more than 500 standards under development
- Publishes approximately 180 transactions, journals, and magazines
- Sponsors more than 1,800 conferences in 95 countries while:
- Partnering with more than 1,300 non-IEEE entities globally
- Attracting more than 485,000 conference attendees
- Publishing more than 1,400 conference proceedings via IEEE Xplore
Mission and Vision
IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe
IEEE membership offers access to technical innovation, cutting-edge information, networking opportunities, and exclusive member benefits. Members support IEEE's mission to advance technology for humanity and the profession, while memberships build a platform to introduce careers in technology to students around the world.
Education and careers
By awarding continuing education units and professional development hours, IEEE helps its members meet their continuing education requirements and develops products and services in support of these efforts.
IEEE follows strict guidelines for the development and delivery of continuing education materials, conforming to the highest industry practices for awarding continuing education units, professional development hours, and certificates of completion.
At the pre-college level, IEEE works with industry, universities, and government to raise students’ literacy in science, math, engineering, and technology.