NATIONAL INNOVATION AND STARTUP POLICY (NISP)
INSTITUION INNOVATION & STARTUP POLICY
To inspire and nurture the younger minds towards innovation and entrepreneurship which results in wealth creation and technology-based Startups.
- Creating a conducive environment for development in the thrust areas of Engineering and Technology
- Establishing an ecosystem for support with Mentorship, Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists
- Integrating with organizations, such as government Industry and Alumni network to meet out emerging demands and needs
- Facilitating a platform for development of ideation into commercialization
SHORT TERM GOALS:
- To develop societal problem-solving skills among students through their creativity and design thinking abilities.
- To arrange periodical field visits in nearby places of interests and get them exposed with challenges in daily routines.
- To organize My Idea events periodically in order to improve students' problem-solving skill.
- To motivate students' participation in various National and International competitions viz. pitch festival, Hackathon, Google Startup contest and other similar events.
- To encourage faculty in organizing events on innovation, entrepreneurship and IPR in order to enhance their Mentorship capabilities.
- To support every innovation for Patent and fabrication through incubation.
- To boost students and faculty eligibility for obtaining seed money and incentives.
- To strengthen Institute-Industry interaction for establishing incubation facility and investors' support.
LONG TERM GOALS:
- To associate our students in entrepreneurial ventures viz. Innovators / Creators / Market makers / Expanders / Scalers.
- To formulate our students' ideas to entrepreneurial values through our Innovation Hub.
- To strengthen our Institute-Industry partnerships for achieving Sustainable Development.
- To collaborate with various government and private funding organisations for Fiscal Growth and Expansion.
- To enhance the research quality for obtaining Patents / Copyrights / Trademarks.
- To establish Technology Business Incubator for promoting innovations for successful Start-ups.
Dr. D. Vasudevan, Principal
Dr. N. Jawahar, Dean – Research
Dr. A. Vincent Antony Kumar, Professor & Head/IT
Dr. S. Manimaran, Professor & Head/MBA & EDC
Convener & NISP Coordinator
Dr. T. Hemalatha, Professor & Head/AI&DS
IPR Cell Coordinator
Mr. J. E. Moshe Dayan M.E, Assistant Professor/EEE
Mr. Meyyappan, Top Freshers Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Chennai.
Mr. Dhanus, Director & Hub Coordinator, TN-EDII, Salem.
Mr. N. Senthil Kumaran, Engineering Contractors, Dindigul.
Mr. Gowtham, Field Coordinator, TN-EDII, Salem
Mr. Sudeesh Rajendran, R3S Engineers and Contractors, Trichy
Dr. K. Srinivasan, Associate Professor/Civil
Dr. M. Arul Prasanna, Associate Professor/EEE
Dr. S. Satheesh Babu, Associate Professor/CSE
Dr. K. Meena Alias Jeyanthi, Professor/ECE
Dr. K. Muthumayil, Professor/IT
Dr. S. Sriram, Professor/BME
Mr. M. Nagaraja, Assistant Professor/Mech
- Industry 4.0 with focus on additive manufacturing
- Bio compatible Nano fluids/materials
- Bio fuels and bio fuel engines
- Electric Vehicles and Battery Management Systems
- Industrial IoT with Automation
- Green Energy Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) enabled smart applications
- Cyber Security
- Computer Vision
- Data Science
- Bio-Design & Bio-Mechanics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- AI/NN for Sustainable Technology