About The Library
Repositories and Guardians of Knowledge
The Central Library of PSNACET is functioning in a separate building with mezzanine floors with a built-up area of 2500 Sq.m. and it has a capacity to seat 400 students. In addition to the Central Library, there are departmental libraries in each department with domain specific books, which borrow books from the Central library for quick reference. The Central library holds 104079 volumes of printed books encompassing 40648 titles covering all disciplines of engineering and technology, science & humanities & management studies. The library has a comprehensive collection of 5849 back volumes of journals and magazine and 16798 electronic materials which includes educational oriented CDs, audio, video cassettes, NPTEL Videos, E-Books & Databases, and Monographs to support teaching, research, and extension programmes of the college. It has a collection of 9835 questions papers of semester exams conducted by Anna University in the previous years.
The Central Library subscribes 13814 scholarly journals under the AICTE INDEST Consortium. The library is the early adapter of new and emerging technologies and services and it provides On-line access to a large number of full-text journals from IEEE, ASME, ASCE, and J-Gate; Apart from the E-journals, the library subscribed 122 print versions of the refereed journals from various publishers.
- Developing Network (DELNET), New Delhi
- The American Library, Chennai
- National Digital Library of India
The library provides various services such as:
- Digital Library with multimedia facilities
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) facility
- Reprographic, Document scanning and printing facility
- Audio-visual materials
- Internet, E-Books, E-journals & Educational oriented videos
- Downloadable facility for previous year question papers
- OPAC (Online Public Access Cataloguing Service)
- Self Renewal and Reservation of books
- Access to CD-ROMs
- Inter - Library loan
- Computerized indexing of library resources with Bar Code
- Standard Classification & Cataloguing of books and non books
- Back Volumes of Journals and Magazine
The library is working from 8.30 AM to 8.00 PM on weekdays and 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM on Sundays.