About Department :
The PG Programme in Master of Computer Application was introduced in the year 1998. Initially, the sanctioned intake was 30. Subsequently, it was increased to 36, 60, 90 and to 120 during the academic years 1999-2000, 2000-2001, 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 respectively. Now, it is decreased to 60 from the academic year 2020-2021. Since inception the department is consistently producing very good academic performance and placement records.
The Department is headed by Dr. P. Jaganathan, who has 27 years and 6 months of teaching experience. His fields of interest include Data Mining, evolutionary computation and nature inspired computation. He is supported by 13 well qualified and experienced faculty members and the faculty team consists of 6 Doctorates and 6 M.Phil. holders. The faculty members are actively involved in research work. So far, they have published around 249 research papers in various National, International conferences and journals. The faculty members have also participated in various seminars, workshops, National, International conferences and short-term training programmes. MCA Department is recognized as Research Department by Anna University Chennai from July 2012 to pursue Ph.D./ M.S programme. The Department has been accredited for 3 years by NBA (National Board of Accreditation) with effect from February 2014.
The total built up area of the department including instructional, administrative and amenities area is 6974 Sq.m. Around 6 Crores has been invested towards building, amenities and other infrastructure like laboratories. Department has computer laboratories namely Software Development Lab (First Floor) with 62 systems and Microprocessor Lab (Ground Floor) with 19 kits catering to the needs of 120 students.
To provide world class engineering education for individuals to become technologically superior, socially conscious and responsible citizens for the welfare of mankind.
1. To achieve academic excellence by imparting knowledge and skills through problem solving, practical training and design & development of innovative projects.
2. To develop leadership and inter disciplinary team skills through effective communication training and inculcating ethical behavior.
3. To carryout applied research in engineering & technology and facilitate lifelong learning.
Quality Policy :
1. Providing excellent infrastructure and conducive learning environment.
2. Building a pleasant work culture and motivating everybody to contribute their best.
3. Responding proactively to the changing needs of industry, parents and the society by embracing latest technological trends in the field of Education.
4. Complying with requirements of standards and striving continually to improve the quality of operations of the institution.